Skip to main content

My super binoculars

It was a beautiful sunny day in lovely Angels Camp, California. No work that day, it was my day off and I was thinking about going to the pool to swim around to cool off. Now of course as with most days I started the day smoking a big fat J and eating a bag of Doritos for lunch.
Got some friends together, got high and off the pool we went. Now honestly I thought I was a fricken genius for coming up with this idea, however it turned out to be the exact opposite.
I swear everyone in town was at the pool that afternoon. Kids, adults, and even a few babies. I told my boyfriend to make sure not to lose me...I had a tendency to forget where I was and wander when stoned out of my mind. Funny now but then a little scary. 
We had been at the pool an hour or so and while wading in the shallow end because swimming while high is not really recommended. After a few minutes or hours or whatever I start looking around for my boyfriend or one of my friends. I can't find anyone that looks familiar, oh shit!! Where did everyone go?! I can't see anything the sun is so bright and reflecting off the water right into my stoned red eyes. So I put my hands up over my eyes to block the sun like the bill of a baseball hat would do. Now this helped but I was still having some serious issues trying to see across the pool. So then I took my thumbs and curled them under my eyes in hopes of deflecting the sun coming up from the water. Holy crap I was a genius again!! I could see and it was like I had super eyes. Then as I was scanning the pool I found my boyfriend way at the other end. He was looking at me and laughing so hard. I started yelling, "Hey! Do you see me?" He was like, "Yes I see you dumb ass! Are those your binoculars?" It was in that moment that I realized exactly what I must look like. A grown ass woman standing in the shallow end of the pool with a bunch of little kids, and I have my hands around my eyes like binoculars. Scanning the pool like a hunter looking for prey...I was so intense and mildly scared that I didn't even think about the appearance of things.

I took my hands down and was instantly blinded and again I could not see anything. It was in that moment I realized I needed my binoculars to get over the other side of the pool. So I put them back on and waded over to my friends. Once I got there I was so relieved. That's when everyone was asking me where I got my binoculars, could they borrow them, and how nice they were. Meh...we all laughed and then I got out to sit in the shade where I could see normal again.
That is the day I put on my super binoculars!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma Shmigma Part 1

My daughter has a mental illness! Does that mean she is less of a person, or not as good as anyone else's daughter? FUCK NO! With that being said I want to tell you about a journey I have been on in hopes that maybe it will help another person or even just to let another person know that they are not alone. Also my intent to let people know when you judge a child or anyone based on a mental illness, quite simply your an asshole. I know that there is a big stigma on mental illness  because   allot of people afflicted with such do not take care of themselves and make very poor decisions. They hurt people emotionally and physically. They hurt themselves and too often they kill themselves. While I do not excuse the behavior and even hold my daughter accountable for her poor choices, sometimes all that person needs is just a little understanding and for you to not take it personal. Easier said than done right? I have always been a pretty tolerant person of most people because my

What to write about.....

So blogging is something that I have been thinking about for awhile and while I am not completely certain how this will play out...I am willing to try something new. I have had a lot of experiences in my life both good and bad. I seem to have an ability to make light of many things and I am not going to lie, I can be pretty damn funny. So if you are interested in following along I will be sharing my experiences from my past and some daily life crap as well. Basically whenever I feel like writing something out it will show up on here. If you are easily offended this might not be the place for you. By offended I mean by foul language, questionable situations, and maybe some brutal honesty. It's all who I am and I will not conform to suit anyone. Ok so here we go ya'll :) Cheers bitches!!