Skip to main content

A wiener dog is not a self defense weapon

It was a normal weekend night in Meridian and it was all quiet in my house. Relaxing and enjoying the peace because all the kids were in bed and my hubby in bed too. I am sleepy so I decide to go to bed and get some sleep.

 

As I am drifting off to sleep I think I hear someone in the living room and thinking it was one my kids trying to midnight raid the pantry I get up to take a look. Oddly enough there was no one there, went to the stairs up to the bonus room and listen. I turn on the light waiting to hear someone talking or at least yell at me to turn to the light off. Complete silence so I turn off the light and go back to bed.
Again I am drifting off once more I hear the pattering of feet again...this time I know someone is out there so I get up again. Open my bedroom door and take no more than 2 steps out my door and I bump into someone. Oh my sweet Jesus its Carissa! Then the following communication occurs..."AAAHHHH" "AAAHHHH" "AAAAAHHHH, what the hell are you doing?" I say as I am finally able to find words. As I turn on the light I see clearly that its Carissa holding George, our wiener dog, and Cole right behind her.


She was like, "OMG mom there is ghost in the house and we are scared!" I say, "what the hell?!" She proceeds to tell me that a ghost was walking through the house and even turned on their light. Then the ghost turned it back off and they didnt hear anything. I was slightly beside myself partly trying not to laugh and the other still controlling the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I didnt realize until after that my voice was still elevated until after I said, "Are you freaking serious? There are no stupid ghosts in this house, THAT WAS ME!! I thought I heard one of you up walking around so I was checking things out...OMG you guys are not watching that damn paranormal show anymore! YOU HEAR ME! NO MORE!" As I am herding them back to the stairs to go up to bed I can hear the giggles and Courtney saying, "Well who turns the light on and doesnt say anything?" I can also hear my husband mocking me from our bedroom. I am so annoyed I just tell them to back to bed and stop talking about ghosts. I go back to bed and try to relax.
Wouldnt you know it, I cannot. So I get back up and go into the kitchen to get a snack. Flip on the lights and yell out, "ITS NOT A GHOST! ITS JUST MOM!" I hear giggling and my girls telling me ok mom good night.
OMG!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My super binoculars

It was a beautiful sunny day in lovely Angels Camp, California. No work that day, it was my day off and I was thinking about going to the pool to swim around to cool off. Now of course as with most days I started the day smoking a big fat J and eating a bag of Doritos for lunch. Got some friends together, got high and off the pool we went. Now honestly I thought I was a fricken genius for coming up with this idea, however it turned out to be the exact opposite. I swear everyone in town was at the pool that afternoon. Kids, adults, and even a few babies. I told my boyfriend to make sure not to lose me...I had a tendency to forget where I was and wander when stoned out of my mind. Funny now but then a little scary.  We had been at the pool an hour or so and while wading in the shallow end because swimming while high is not really recommended. After a few minutes or hours or whatever I start looking around for my boyfriend or one of my friends. I can't find anyone that looks famili

Stigma Shmigma Part 1

My daughter has a mental illness! Does that mean she is less of a person, or not as good as anyone else's daughter? FUCK NO! With that being said I want to tell you about a journey I have been on in hopes that maybe it will help another person or even just to let another person know that they are not alone. Also my intent to let people know when you judge a child or anyone based on a mental illness, quite simply your an asshole. I know that there is a big stigma on mental illness  because   allot of people afflicted with such do not take care of themselves and make very poor decisions. They hurt people emotionally and physically. They hurt themselves and too often they kill themselves. While I do not excuse the behavior and even hold my daughter accountable for her poor choices, sometimes all that person needs is just a little understanding and for you to not take it personal. Easier said than done right? I have always been a pretty tolerant person of most people because my

What to write about.....

So blogging is something that I have been thinking about for awhile and while I am not completely certain how this will play out...I am willing to try something new. I have had a lot of experiences in my life both good and bad. I seem to have an ability to make light of many things and I am not going to lie, I can be pretty damn funny. So if you are interested in following along I will be sharing my experiences from my past and some daily life crap as well. Basically whenever I feel like writing something out it will show up on here. If you are easily offended this might not be the place for you. By offended I mean by foul language, questionable situations, and maybe some brutal honesty. It's all who I am and I will not conform to suit anyone. Ok so here we go ya'll :) Cheers bitches!!