Skip to main content

Letter to my oldest daughter

     
 December 4th 1996 @ 7:26pm my life would change forever. I was now a mother, a mom, a parent. I stare into your beautiful blue eyes and know instantly what true love is. Even though I am exhausted from 13 hours of labor, I am rejuvenated the moment they put you on my chest. I cannot put into words all the emotions that entered my heart that day and every day since, but know this, they are immeasurable. I have never been so scared in my life. I had no idea what to do as a mom. I was over zealous, protective, panic stricken, and just plain lost. I know that you were sent to me with a divine purpose, and I have told you many times. You have a piece of my mom with you, which I believe is why you were so perfect for me. I wish she could have met you. She would have loved you, spoiled you, and been so proud of you.

      When I took you home for the first time I could not stop staring at you and you could not stop staring at me. We fell asleep many nights together heart beat to heart beat. You were my reason for getting up, for breathing, for making me a better person. You charmed every person who met you with your big blue eyes and amazing smile. When you started walking it was all I could do to keep up with you. You wanted to see everything and touch everything. When you started talking you were always asking me questions and talking to random people. You have always been an outgoing person and you have always been a very caring person. Even when you were just 2 years old you would share everything you had with anyone. You would look out for other babies and make sure they were ok. Your first day of kindergarten you told me it was going to be ok and see ya later. I think sometimes I needed you more than you needed me.

     I am truly blessed to have you as my daughter. I love everything about you, yes even the teenager parts. I love the way you are so passionate about your beliefs. I love the way you care for your siblings and always no matter what have their backs. I love your laugh. I love how you can take the most sucky moments and turn them around with your wacky sense of humor. Your love for animals is amazing. I love watching you play basketball. I love the sappy movies you make me watch. I could go on and on…..


     This earth is a better place with you in it. So many people’s lives are made better having known you. Know that you are priceless, irreplaceable, worthy, and absolutely necessary! I love all of my kids equally and with all my heart. However, you Courtney Ann Quadrato will always be my saving grace. My greatest blessing, because without you I hate to think the path I would have went down. You brought the most immense feeling of life to me. I will always have time for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My super binoculars

It was a beautiful sunny day in lovely Angels Camp, California. No work that day, it was my day off and I was thinking about going to the pool to swim around to cool off. Now of course as with most days I started the day smoking a big fat J and eating a bag of Doritos for lunch. Got some friends together, got high and off the pool we went. Now honestly I thought I was a fricken genius for coming up with this idea, however it turned out to be the exact opposite. I swear everyone in town was at the pool that afternoon. Kids, adults, and even a few babies. I told my boyfriend to make sure not to lose me...I had a tendency to forget where I was and wander when stoned out of my mind. Funny now but then a little scary.  We had been at the pool an hour or so and while wading in the shallow end because swimming while high is not really recommended. After a few minutes or hours or whatever I start looking around for my boyfriend or one of my friends. I can't find anyone that looks famili

Stigma Shmigma Part 1

My daughter has a mental illness! Does that mean she is less of a person, or not as good as anyone else's daughter? FUCK NO! With that being said I want to tell you about a journey I have been on in hopes that maybe it will help another person or even just to let another person know that they are not alone. Also my intent to let people know when you judge a child or anyone based on a mental illness, quite simply your an asshole. I know that there is a big stigma on mental illness  because   allot of people afflicted with such do not take care of themselves and make very poor decisions. They hurt people emotionally and physically. They hurt themselves and too often they kill themselves. While I do not excuse the behavior and even hold my daughter accountable for her poor choices, sometimes all that person needs is just a little understanding and for you to not take it personal. Easier said than done right? I have always been a pretty tolerant person of most people because my

What to write about.....

So blogging is something that I have been thinking about for awhile and while I am not completely certain how this will play out...I am willing to try something new. I have had a lot of experiences in my life both good and bad. I seem to have an ability to make light of many things and I am not going to lie, I can be pretty damn funny. So if you are interested in following along I will be sharing my experiences from my past and some daily life crap as well. Basically whenever I feel like writing something out it will show up on here. If you are easily offended this might not be the place for you. By offended I mean by foul language, questionable situations, and maybe some brutal honesty. It's all who I am and I will not conform to suit anyone. Ok so here we go ya'll :) Cheers bitches!!